Downlights are typically the most common light fittings found in houses, especially in homes where electricians have been allowed to do the lighting design! Lightmaster works with hundreds of companies and has used hundreds of different downlights over the years but we do have our favourites! Our lighting designers use downlights for all sorts of things: general lighting in a room, task lighting on a work surface, wall washing and even picture lighting. They need to ensure the choose the right light.
1. Darlek Mini Fixed. 6W. Standard range. 3000K. 30 degree beam angle. IP54. A very discreet downlight with only a 48mm bezel. This is our number 1 downlight as it is such a good all rounder. Perfect as a general light throughout the home, IP rated so fine to use in bathrooms and due to it’s standard finish, a great price too at £45+ VAT!
2. Ulan Micro Fixed. 1W. Designer Range. 3000K/4000K/5000K. 15 degree/30 degree/60 degree beam angle. IP66. Everyone loves the Ulan – it can be used not only as a downlight, but as an uplight or a floor washer. As a downlight is’s perfect to create an effect in shower enclosures. It’s also a great niche light and ideal to use to highlight features such as columns and archways.
3. Daniba Mini Fixed. 6W. Designer Range. 2700K/3000K/4000K. 15 degree/30 degree/45 degree beam angle. IP44. 90 minute fire rated. A very discreet, deep baffled fitting resulting in no glare at all unless standing directly underneath the fitting. The curved bezel creates a soft scalloped affect with the fitting is positioned close to a wall.
4. Dennit Small Fixed. 9W. Architectural Range. 3000K. 36 degree beam angle. IP65. 90 minute fire rated. The Dennit is another great all rounder – it comes with it’s own driver making it very easy to install. It’s also bigger, both in light output and physical size so if you have high ceilings this would be a great option to consider.
5. Faltu Micro Fixed. 1W. Standard Range. 3000K. 30 degree beam angle. IP65. This tiny downlight is ideal as an effect light. Position 3-5 Faltu’s approx. 75mm from a wall to create a lovely scalloped effect, especially effective on bathroom tiles! These are also great little niche lights – perfect little cubby-holes of storage. Store your shampoo bottles in style!
*Pricing and details correct as of August 2017