The kitchen is, typically, the heart of the home. It’s your very own Michelin starred restaurant if you’re so inclined, or even just where you keep the microwave. Most guests entering your home will migrate towards the kitchen and they’ll more than likely stay there as, more often than not, that’s where the drinks are. This has always been the way – in 1978 Jona Lewie even wrote a song called “You’ll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties”. Keeping this in mind, I’m sure you’ll agree that getting the lighting right in your kitchen is of paramount importance. There are so many things to consider here –
- Where do I do the majority of my meal prep?
- What shape is the room? Any slanted ceilings?
- Will there be a dining table in the kitchen?
- What about an island? What will the island be used for?
- Are my worktops being made of a shiny, reflective surface?